Pages

Loved my first open water dive

Our first open water dive was amazing!!! Now I know what it feels like to be a fish :)

Well, it was slightly scary at first, going down the dark, unfamiliar mass of water but once we reached the seabed, it felt as though everyone regained their composure and started feeling more comfortable.

We practiced several skills that we had been doing during our pool dives, including clearing our masks of water, removing and replacing our BCDs, recovering our regulators and hand signals (my favourite).

We have 3 more open water dives to complete. Thereafter, we each have to sit for a multiple choice question test and upon passing, would finally be qualified open water divers. How exciting!

Here's a pic from our first open water session (I can't remember who took the photo but the camera belongs to Susan):

Sorry for the weird cropping :)
I really need to start looking at underwater casings for my GoPro. No dive would be worth it without that little device :)